Friday, September 11, 2009

We're Back!!!!! Summer happenings.
















Even though it's been, oh, many months I thought I would just catch up a bit. Baseball pretty much consumed our spring and summer. Harrison's Al-Star team did a fabulous job. It is amazing that 5-6 boys can have such an instinct in baseball. They won their sub-district, went on to win their District against Goodlettsville, and finally placed 3rd in the state of TN in their age category at state. We were all very amazed at their endurance and hard work.
We spent most of our extra time at the pool for some R&R, between games of course. Then it was time for school to start. Molli Beth has done an exceptional job at her behavior, which is an area that we have struggled with up to last year. She has improved dramatically. Harrison had a rocky start, but is now getting the hang of it. I think the shock of having to go "every day" was a bit much for him. He had the same preschool teacher for 2 1/2 years. Change is not something he does easily. However, it only took him 3 days of pulling cards and mastering the "rules" for Kindergarten. He has not gotten in trouble in 2 weeks. We thank God for answered prayers when it comes to Harrison. When looking back at how desperate we thought the situation was last year, we wonder if we have the same child. He is truly a joy (and I didn't think I would ever be able to say that). God has really blessed us with patience and unconditional love in that department. Mommy has had to fill her time so that I don't miss him so much. The first week or so was VERY difficult for me. He had grown up so much and I enjoyed being with him so much. I wished for just a bit more time to spend with him, but now he's a big boy and I have to let him grown up.....as hard as it is.

Well, until next time.......hopefully it won't be 9 months.

1 comment:

Jay Beerley said...

Doth my eyes deceive me??? Have you really returned to blog land? :) We've missed you! Thanks for the updates!