Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sally





Well, June went fast, but July went even faster. Not much has happened, but I did get to take girls only trip to Panama City, Florida with some friends from church. We actually had a blast. It is amazing what 4 days away from the "routine" will do for your life. The children had a hard time at first, but they soon adapted to Mom being gone, especially since they have a great Daddy that does so much for them. He was so gracious to let me go, he even arranged childcare for a couple of days. It was great. I got to know several ladies that I would have never probably known otherwise. We had great funfilled days on the beach, getting tatoos (airbrush of course), eating lots of great food and other GREAT times.......

Of course I had to bring home the kids a gift since I had left them for soooo long, so I decided to get them each a hermit crab. Knowing that these things were pretty low maintenance and inexpensive I thought it was a great decision. Little did I know that they did not have a very long life expectancy when cared for by a 4 and 6 year old. We named them Harry and Sally. Unfortunately, Harry did not last but about 2 days once he was brought to Tennessee. This was Harrison's crab and he was upset, but not as bad as I thought. Sally, on the other hand, is still alive and digging. She is a very friendly crab who loves to get out of her cage and play with her Mom, Molli Beth. She does a great job taking care of her and making sure she has food and water. So we shall see how long this pet crab will survive.

2 comments:

The Mr. & Mrs. said...

It was nice to meet Sally the other night! I love the new background!

Sam and Holly said...

see some things happened over the summer! I like the new background too!